Search through all our worldwide HIV and AIDS news and features, using the topics below to filter your results by subjects including HIV treatment, transmission and prevention, and hepatitis and TB co-infections.

Promoting HIV testing news

Show

From To
Malawi:Meeting Men Halfway - HIV Clinics Are Going Mobile to Reach Toughest Patients

For decades, we've struggled to solve the riddle: How do you get reluctant men to test for HIV. Could we finally have an answer?

Published
18 October 2017
From
AllAfrica
About 20% of HIV-positive Russians do not know of their illness — expert

AAbout 80% of Russians infected with HIV already know about their disease, but the remaining 20% cause half of new HIV cases, Chief External Expert for HIV at the Russian Health Ministry Yevgeny Voronin told TASS. More: http://tass.com/society/970598

Published
16 October 2017
From
TASS
Prince Harry calls for regular HIV and Aids testing

Prince Harry has paid tribute to his late mother's work in raising awareness of HIV and Aids, and urged more people to "embrace regular testing". The prince was speaking at the Attitude magazine awards, where Princess Diana was posthumously honoured with the Legacy award, 20 years after her death.

Published
13 October 2017
From
BBC News
Reconsidering Primary Prevention: a Call To Action For The Global HIV Response

"The [HIV] prevention toolbox is getting bigger, but the application of the tools is getting smaller. For...prevention to stand a chance, the silence, denial, negativity, and moralism surrounding sex and drug use must end. Policy makers and donors, including governments, must shed their reluctance to openly and positively address sex and drug use in their public health discourse and responses to HIV."

Published
09 October 2017
From
MSMGF
You Can Order a Dozen STD Tests Online — But Should You?

Startups are popping up online to help serve what they see as unmet demand for STD testing. The question is whether those companies can survive — at least one left the market before its product even launched — and whether the services they offer get the right tests to the right people.

Published
22 August 2017
From
NPR
Gay sauna fights HIV in Britain with first-of-its-kind test vending machine

Installed at a gay sauna in the southern seaside city of Brighton, the first-of-its-kind machine distributes free fingerprick self-testing kits that can be collected anonymously and used at home, providing results within minutes.

Published
14 August 2017
From
Reuters
Nigerian police arrest 42 gay men at HIV awareness event

Gay rights activist Bisi Alimi told the BBC the event that was held at the hotel was an awareness program aimed at HIV counseling and testing for the LGBT community in Nigeria.

Published
01 August 2017
From
Washington Blade
HIV tests for GPs' new patients could save lives and money, says study

Researchers find fourfold increase in diagnosis rate when testing carried out as part of surgeries’ registration health check.

Published
31 July 2017
From
The Guardian
OraSure Technologies Receives World Health Organization Prequalification of OraQuick® HIV Self-Test

OraSure Technologies, Inc., a leader in point of care diagnostic tests and specimen collection devices, today announced that its OraQuick® HIV Self-Test (HIVST) has been Prequalified by the World Health Organization (WHO).

Published
22 July 2017
From
Orasure press release
New HIV self-testing kit study aims to increase diagnosis rates

A new study from UCL, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, and Public Health England seeks to discover whether providing free HIV self-tests to men, transgender men and transgender women who have sex with men could reduce the number of people who have undiagnosed HIV.

Published
05 July 2017
From
Medical Xpress
← First12345...36Next →

Filter by country

Community Consensus Statement on Access to HIV Treatment and its Use for Prevention

Together, we can make it happen

We can end HIV soon if people have equal access to HIV drugs as treatment and as PrEP, and have free choice over whether to take them.

Launched today, the Community Consensus Statement is a basic set of principles aimed at making sure that happens.

The Community Consensus Statement is a joint initiative of AVAC, EATG, MSMGF, GNP+, HIV i-Base, the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, ITPC and NAM/aidsmap
close

This content was checked for accuracy at the time it was written. It may have been superseded by more recent developments. NAM recommends checking whether this is the most current information when making decisions that may affect your health.

NAM’s information is intended to support, rather than replace, consultation with a healthcare professional. Talk to your doctor or another member of your healthcare team for advice tailored to your situation.